Monday 10 October 2011

NEW KIT!

A new kit will be on sale in the shop today and it is a lovely kit full of autumnal shades, 6 x6 papers, cardstock, JB paint dabber, ribbon, brads, journalling cards, Crate Paper rub-ons and buttons! I loved it as soon as I opened the box. I have posted some photos of the things I have made so far, but have more of the kit left so I would like to make a little mini-book with the remaining products and document the rest of autumn as its a fantastic time of year.


First up, I made a little tag with a favourite quote, which is something I like to do just to remember someone elses words. I used the paint dabber to cover a plain white tag. Then cut strips of two of the patterned papers in the kit and used the dabber around the edges of the strips before sticking them down. I used a length of brown ribbon at the top of the tag and a length stuck across the bottom for some added frill! The brads are beautiful and add a touch of elegance to this simple tag.


A simple and fun card made by covering a card blank with the floral paper, then adding a rectangle of apple paper across the middle. I added a length of aqua chevron ribbon above this. I used the paint dabber around the edges of the cow journalling card before sticking it into place and added a fun orange brad to the bottom. I used my own alpha stickers to add my greeting.




I made these two layouts using a 6 x 6 piece of cardstock for each, so they are half the size of a standard scrapbook page but they look gorgeous! For the autumn layout I printed the photos as a contact sheet and stuck them onto the layered paper. I also used the paint dabber to add a distressed feel to the edges of the paper and card. I used a Crate Paper rub on to add some journalling and a few bright buttons to finish off.

For the Sunflower layout I painted a portion of the background with the dabber, then layered the paper and photo on top. Another Crate paper rub on was used for more journalling and a beautiful brad to finish off.

I hope you like these projects, I hope to post some more when I've more time. If you buy the kit and make something from it please do post a link, we'd love to see what you come up with.

Annie x

No comments:

Post a Comment