Sunday 4 March 2012

One Word One Technique #10


Welcome to the third month of 'One Word, One Technique' :D


For a reminder of how 'One Word, One Technique' works, click here for Maxine's introduction.

A new month means a new technique! The prompt for week 10 is:

March Technique - Embossing
This Week's Word - Play

So far so good with my journal pages! For this month's I decided to do some heat embossing to create a resist pattern on my page. I stamped a butterfly stamp several times on a journal page using versamark ink, and heat embossed the images using clear embossing powder. As I layered up the different colours on my page (using distress stains, ink sprays and acrylic paint) I made sure to gently wipe the embossed images with a baby wipe, to keep them nice and white. 
Once I'd got enough colour on there, I added some stamping with black archival ink, and some doodling with a black journaling pen. I've tried to find quotes each month to fit in with the prompt word, but I struggled a bit this week - the ones that I found all seemed really long. So I turned to song lyrics instead, and chose a line from one of my favourite songs from The Offspring.
The page still felt a bit bare at this point, so I went back over it with a star stamp from My Minds Eye. I didn't put the clear acrylic stamp on a block, but used it as it is so I could roll it over the page to give a more distressed look, rather than a clearly stamped image. 

I hope you like my example this week - as always, if you join in with the prompts make sure to link us up in the comments below so we can come and have a look :D

Jules xx

1 comment:

  1. I love all the different layers and elements - beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete