Sunday 22 July 2012

One Word One Technique #30

Here's your next 'One Word, One Technique' prompt for July:







For a reminder of how 'One Word, One Technique' works, click here for Maxine's introduction.

The prompt for week 30 is:

June Technique - Sewing
This Week's Word - Live

For my inspiration this week I went searching for some quotes. I can across this one by Thomas Jefferson "I cannot live without books." This is very true for me so I went about making a page about my love of reading & favourite books.

For my technique I incorporated stitching into my title. Here's how:

Start by writing out in pencil the word(s) that you want to stitch. I did mine by freehand but you could also use a stencil if you would prefer. 


Next pierce the holes along your pencil marks where you want your stitches to go.


Sew you title following the holes that you pierced to form you word. 


Here's the finished title.


And my layout, I also added a few extra stitched on the page to embellish. 


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you found some inspiration here. As always, please lead a comment if you've done a project inspired by this month's technique. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this page it has so many lovely things on it! Annie x

    ReplyDelete