Sunday 19 February 2012

One Word One Technique #8

Welcome to week 8 of One Work, One Technique!



For a reminder of how 'One Word, One Technique' works, click here  for Maxine's introduction.

The prompt for week 8 is:

February Technique - Stamping
This Week's Word - Special

It's a personal goal of mine to include more stamping in my scrapbook pages this year, so I was excited about this month's technique. 

The word 'Special' instantly made me think of my mum because she is one of the most amazing people I know, so I decided to make a layout about her. 



For my page I created the background paper using a 6x4 newsprint stamp. I took a piece of 8 1/2" x 11" white cardstock and repeatedly stamped the design to create the look of patterned paper. This is a great way to get more mileage out of your stamps! And the great thing about stamps is you can pick whatever colour ink you want to use with them meaning you can customise them to match whichever project you are working on. 

To ink my stamp I placed it on a flat surface with the design facing up, and tapped ink over the stamp. Applying the ink this way means you can make sure the stamp has complete coverage . If you're using a larger stamp like I did, when you're stamping onto the paper, you'll need to apply more pressure to the stamp to ensure the ink transfers to the paper evenly. Of course, you don't need to use a background stamp for this technique, you can use a single stamp too to create the same effect. I would recommend starting in the middle and working your way out so your pattern doesn't end up crooked. 

To create the layout I used some of my own stash but also lot's of left over bits from February's Kit 'Love Me', which is still available to buy here. 

If you play along with the prompts be sure to link us up in the comments below so we can come and have a look!

2 comments: