Sunday 26 February 2012

One Word,One Technique # 9

Hello and welcome to week 9 of One Word,One Technique!
For a reminder of how 'One Word, One Technique' works, click here for Maxine's introduction.

The prompt for week 9 -
February Technique - Stamping
Word Prompt  - Together
 
 Lately i have been using a lot of Simple Stories papers and one quote on the paper has stuck in my mind
"We may not have it all Together,but Together we have it all."
It pretty much sums up my marriage to Alex and we have been together for 25yrs.

It was time to take a deep breath and crack open my journal for a new technique and time to get messy,lol!
I gathered together my American craft alphabet stamps and my most treasured stamp in my collection,i love it and it comes from Crafty Individuals,every time i see it i think about being on my bike alongside Alex!

 But before i could get stamping i had to do my background,cut to size Simple Stories Green/Notebook patterned paper to fit the pages and torn pieces of old book pages,adhere them to the journal.Then it was time to get messy with a mixture of distress ink pads(Walnut,Fired Brick,Brown Corduroy)re-inker and white acrylic paint until you get the look your happy with...guess you can tell i love the shabby distress look,if you could only see the state on my inky hands!
Using the alphabet stamps i stamped the quote straight onto my journal,but i really wanted the word prompt to pop out from the rest,so i took a scrap of the background paper and stamped the word again.
Cut into 2 ,then inked up using the blending tool and fired brick distress pad.
Glued into place with silicone glue to get the height i wanted.
I then took a journal strip from Simple Stories strip element paper,cut into 4 and inked and then stapled in place either side at the top of my pages.
Taking the Crafty Individual stamp,i stamped it first on the left journal page and then used smooches to give a little colour.
Taking another scrap of background paper i stamped the image again and coloured with smooches.
I then took a piece of Memory glass and popped some Sepia Glossy Accents onto it and placed it over the image,pressing it down hard until it smoothes out the glossy accents,once dry i placed it in a Memory Frame and adhered it with glossy accents to the bottom right to finish my journal pages.


Hopefully although i am a complete newbie at journalling you have enjoyed looking at my journal pages and been inspired to get messy,so go on crack open those ink pads and stamps and have a go!

If you do create a project we would love you to come back over and leave a comment so that we can come along and visit and leave some love.



Till next time
Hugs
Tracy oxoxox

1 comment:

  1. You've got some great scrapbook layouts - using the one word technique seems to have helped you broaden your options. Have fun! Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete