Sunday 1 April 2012

One Word One Technique #14

I can't quite believe we are on week 14 already! And it's the start of a new month so that means a new technique.

For a reminder of how 'One Word, One Technique' works, click here for my introduction.

The Prompt for Week 14

April Technique - Fabric
Word Prompt - Dream

I love using fabric and find it's a great material to use on layouts as it gives such great texture.

For my layout I played around with the new Prima Almanac papers and flowers and some washi tape too! I used fabric in a few different ways.

Firstly I created my title using fabric and felt squares. I started by printing some large letters in a simple font from the computer. I cut them out then traced around them onto some fabric. I didn't worry about the cut out bits in the middle of the letters, just simply cut around the outline. Then I placed each letter onto a fabric square and then stitched, using backstitch, the middle parts of the letters and created some different stitches around the outside of the letters.




Then I created a fabric yo yo, you can see how to make one of these from Alexa's mini tutorial here. And finally I used a strip of fabric to tie into a bow instead of using ribbon.


I layered up the gorgeous Almanac papers, along with some book paper and the washi tape. I left the top part of the butterfly paper open so I could add my journaling tags. And I finished it all off by adding a sprinkle of buttons and sticking the flowers and fabric in the corners.

I hope that this has inspired you to try using some fabric on your layouts and create your own title. If you create any projects we would love you to link them up so we can see!

And don't forget to go back and check out the previous 3 months projects!
Happy Crafting,
Maxine xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment