Sunday 8 April 2012

One Word One Technique #15


Here's the second 'One Word, One Technique' prompt for April :D


For a reminder of how 'One Word, One Technique' works, click here for Maxine's introduction.

The prompt for week 15 is:

April Technique - Fabric
This Week's Word - Explore

How are you doing with the prompts? Keeping up so far? I hope everyone's enjoying a lovely crafty Easter weekend!
This is my fifth journal page so far, and I think it just might be my favourite! I built up the background using spray inks and masks, and then added some painted circles, stamping and doodling. Finally, I grabbed a bag of silk scraps that I picked up from a fabric shop ages ago, and pulled out this gorgeous piece to add texture and dimension to my page.

The quote around the edge reads: 'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. Mark Twain. and then me, April 2012' 

I hope you like my example this week - as always, if you join in with the prompts make sure to link us up in the comments below so we can come and have a look :D

Jules xx

No comments:

Post a Comment