Sunday 29 April 2012

One Word One Technique #18

Hi everyone it`s time for this weeks prompt for One Word One Technique.

For a reminder on how this works check out Maxines post here.

The prompt for week 18 is:

April Technique - Fabric
Word Prompt - Discover

This week i have branched out from my journal and went all out with fabric that i have had sitting around waiting on the right project to come along.
I gathered together my supplies along with a Versacraft ink pad and got stamping using my Tim Holtz stamp first and then heat set with a dry iron.
Cut to size and then out with the sewing machine for some stitching and an embellishment . . .
Next i took the American Crafts Alpha stamps and stamped Discover using the same steps as above.
This is the first time i have attempted to make a flower from material and it was sooooo easy . . .
I took a scrap of material,twisted it all up,then tightly started to roll it in a circle, fixing it in place with a hot glue gun.
Taking more of the material i cut to size and made into a tote,stitched the patches on ,added the flower and some buttons..
 "BUT" I did have a problem when attaching my strap . . . the needle broke . . . but i think it was meant to be because on looking at it i have decided to "completly change it into a craft apron" as soon as i buy some calico,new needles and purple dye!!

Watch this space,lol!

I hope you all enjoyed looking at my project that i would never have  got around to making without Maxines One Word One Technique which each month  lifts me out my comfort zone and pushes my creativity even further. . . plus this beautiful material now has a use and will no longer be sitting in a pile at the back of a cupboard.

I hope this months technique and prompt inspires you to get creative and have a go!

If you do we would all love to see what you create and leave us a comment so we can pop around for a visit.
Till next time
Tracy
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment