Sunday 12 August 2012

OWOT!

One Word One Technique #33

Hi everyone,
time for another One Word One Technique
For a reminder of how 'One Word, One Technique' works, click here for Maxine's introduction.
The prompt for wk 33:
Technique - Punching
Word - Fiery

Hi everyone it's Annie here with this weeks OWOT! I have to admit I had to look up the definition of the word fiery as I had a vague idea of it's meaning, but wasn't 100% sure. So I printed out the definition and used this as a starting point for my page, which started life as a piece of A5 cream cardstock.

I then gathered some papers that had an orange, brown and red colour theme running through them to emphasise the passion side of the word. I don't own too many punches, but with the ones I had I used them to add a background and little dots of colour through the page. I loved the way the negative hearts looked on the orange paper and used this in the centre of the page. I used a small circle punch to make a border of half circles near the top. I really just played with the shapes and colours until I was happy with the page!

I hope this will inspire you to get those punches out, especially if you never use them and just have fun with them!

Annie x

No comments:

Post a Comment