Sunday 20 May 2012

One Word One Technique #21




For a reminder of how 'One Word, One Technique' works, click here for Maxine's introduction.

The prompt for week 21 is:

May Technique - Mist
This Week's Word - Learn

For this page I decided to make my background entirely from mist. I used a couple of templates but I also made my own masks using positive and negative punched shapes. This is a good way to experiment if you don't have any templates in your stash. Another trick is to use the templates as a stamp. Once I had used a template as a mask I flipped it over and pressed down on the cardstock transferring any mist onto the cardstock, this way you don't waste any ink! Be warned, your fingers will get very inky! Can you spot on my layout where I've used this technique? 



As you can see I created a totally unique background. I have so much fun experimenting and playing with mists that I usually create a couple of backgrounds all in one sitting, which I save for use at a later date.

I hope you enjoyed this week's prompt and as always, be sure to leave a comment if you play along with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment