Monday 14 May 2012

OWOT 20

One Word One Technique #20

Sorry for the delay on this one, but here is this weeks 'One Word, One Technique' prompt for May:D


For a reminder of how 'One Word, One Technique' works, click here for Maxine's introduction.

The prompt for week 20 is:

May Technique - Misting
This Week's Word - Fun

I only have a few mists, but I love the effects you can achieve with them. This week I started off with an A5 size piece of cardstock and some packs of letter stickers I had hanging around. I then stuck down three lots of the word 'fun' onto the card and began misting!

I like to vary the size of the mist blobs that come out by changing how far away I spray them. Once you have let the page dry you can peel off the letter stickers to leave a lovely base for your page.

I then had 'fun' choosing random bits and pieces to layer onto my page, including book paper, tissue paper, mosaic tiles, punched butterflies. I just enjoyed the time to play around with various elements and sticking them onto the page.
I did a little search for quotes using the word 'fun' and found this one from Dr. Seuss. I typed it out in word, using the american typewriter font which is a favourite of mine for this kind of journalling. I then printed it out, trimmed into strips, inked the edges and stuck onto the page.

Hope you like this weeks technique and project and please do link us up with yours!

Annie x

No comments:

Post a Comment